Who We Are
Professional Independent Insurance Agents of Colorado (PIIAC), a non-profit trade association, is the spokesman for Colorado’s independent agent property and casualty segment of the insurance industry. The Association was formed on July 1, 1992, through consolidation of the Independent Insurance Agents of Colorado and the Professional Insurance Agents of Colorado. PIIAC represents more than 2,500 independent insurance agents in Colorado and affiliates with the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America. PIIAC membership is comprised of leaders in the insurance industry. These members guide PIIAC to complete its mission for all independent insurance agents and their customers throughout Colorado. PIIAC is a powerful front through the professionalism of its members and staff.
PIIAC has added a member-only section to its website to provide members with the latest information on topics such as government affairs and insurance legislation. To access this information, you must be logged in as a PIIAC member. For assistance with log-in, please contact PIIAC at 303-512-0627, ext. 11, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for the PIIAC Member-Only section.
PIIAC Seeking New Executive Vice PresidentP
Barbara Fidler, who has served as PIIAC’s Executive Vice President (EVP) for 17 years, has announced her intent to retire by the end of 2013, so a search is underway for the association’s next leader.
For details on the position including responsibilities, requirements and application procedure, please check the News page of this website.
Be a Winner with Convention Trivia!
PIIAC is giving away fabulous prizes leading up to the 2013 PIIAC Annual Convention, and you could win!
PIIAC will be sending out a series of pre-convention postcards this summer and each one will feature trivia questions to test your knowledge about Denver and Colorado in general. Click here for more information and your chance to win!
PIIAC Event Sponsorships Available
PIIAC hosts various and numerous events throughout the year. Attendance for these events ranges from 25 to 300 individuals. Want to get your company name in front of PIIAC members who are representative of the best in the industry? Sponsor a PIIAC event. Click here for sponsor opportunities.
Don Nabity Scholarship Golf Tournament
The Don Nabity Scholarship Fund was established by the Professional Independent Insurance Agents of Colorado (PIIAC) Board of Directors to provide funds for young insurance professionals to attend Colorado and national Young Agent events.
The 2013 Don Nabity Golf Tournament will be August 9, at Raccoon Creek G.C. in Littleton. Registration is open now. Click here to play!
PIIAC also has sponsorship opportunities available for this event. For more information, please click here.
August 9, 2013
Raccoon Creek Golf Course
Trusted Choice Pledge of Performance
All PIIAC/Trusted Choice members are required to sign the Trusted Choice Pledge of Performance in order to use the Trusted Choice name and/or logo(s). To download a PDF copy of the Pledge, which can be signed and faxed to 303-512-0575, please click here.
Education: CIC - CISR - E&O Training
Online registration is now available for ALL PIIAC Courses - Click Here!
The 2013 Colorado CIC and CISR class schedules and registration materials are now available! See more on the Education pages. If you have Education questions, please Ariel Elliott, PIIAC's Education and Membership Coordinator, at email@example.com or call 303-512-0627, ext. 11.
Note: To receive PIIAC member pricing for E&O courses, you MUST be logged in to this site. If you do not know your log-in information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-512-0627, ext. 11.
Please Update Your
In order for PIIAC to better serve you, our members, we ask that you keep us informed of changes in your agency. Click here for a downloadable and printable update form that can be mailed or faxed (303-512-0575) to PIIAC.
Agents Council for Technology (ACT) Website
The Agents Council for Technology (ACT) website is designed to provide practical technology information for independent agents and brokers and to describe more about the ACT initiative. ACT is a partnership of independent agents, companies, technology vendors, user groups and associations dedicated to enhancing the use of technology and improved work flows within the Independent Agency System.
Agents Service Corporation
Agents Service Corporation is the for-profit arm of PIIAC created to provide members of the Association access to a variety of insurance markets for your agency and your clients including Swiss RE, Utica, Hartford, RLI, and many more. Read more in the Member Resource section (first link under the "Member Resources" heading).
News From the Colorado Division of Insurance
- Click here for important information from the Division of Insurance regarding Public Adjusters and what consumers should know before signing a contract (6/13)
- Click here for Bulletin B-5.32 on Rate Capping Practices For Property and Casualty Insurance Companies (3/13)
- Click here for Bulletin B-1.13 on Online Complaint Verification (3/13)
- Click here for Bulletin B-4.48 on Carriers Offering Health Benefit Plans through the Colorado Health Benefit Exchange (2/13)
- Click here for Bulletin on B-6.3 Claims Settlement Payments Via Pre-paid Debit or Stored Value Cards (6/12)
- Click here for an update to Bulletin B-4.20 on Annual Report of Second-Level and Independent External Review Appeals (2/12)
- Click here for Bulletin B-4.41 on Prescreening Questionnaire (2/12)
- Click here for Bulletin B-4.42 on Women's Preventive Health Services (2/12)
- Click here for Bulletin B-2.10 on Nonadmitted and Reinsurance Reform Act of 2010 (7/11 bulletin)
- Click here for Bulletin B-5.21 on Certificates of Insurance (12/07)
- Click here for Bulletin B-1.21 on Required Long-Term Care Insurance Producer Training (11/07)
- Click here for flood insurance training requirements for producers (3/07)
- Click here to learn new procedures for filing surplus lines reports (1/07)
- Click here for important information on courtesy filings.
- Click here for Regulation 1-2-9 pertaining to fees charged by producers (9/03)
- Click here for Bulletin B-4.32 on Health Reimbursement Agreements and Small Group Health Plans (6/09).